Day 1 – Tuesday 5 May 2015
Welcome to Switzerland
Your private transfer driver will greet you at the arrivals gate at Geneva airport and take you to Hôtel Suisse-Majestic in Montreux on the Swiss Riviera. We will have a Group welcome reception in order to meet fellow tour participants.
Day 2 – Wednesday 6 May 2015 (B, L)
Today is a leisurely day. We will start with a walking tour of Montreux to learn of the local history, followed by a group lunch. The afternoon and evening will be open to enjoy optional tours and to discover local cuisine.
Day 3 – Thursday 7 May 2015 (B)
The Swiss Chocolate Train
Beautiful scenery and tasty, world-famous chocolate make for an unforgettable experience. We’ll board the Swiss Chocolate Train in Montreux; enjoy breathtaking views of the vineyards that surround Montreux and travel to medieval Gruyères; visit a cheese-making factory; go to Gruyères Castle; enjoy a local lunch on our own; transfer to Broc to tour the Cailler-Nestlé Chocolate Factory.
Day 4 – Friday 8 May 2015 (B, L)
Lavaux Wine Region
This is a day-tour of Switzerland’s premier wine area known as the Lavaux region – classified a UNESCO World Heritage site, with beautifully manicured terraced vineyards dating back to the 11th century and even back to the Romans. The Lavaux receives three doses of sun: direct sunshine, reflection from Lac Léman and additional heat from the stone walls of the terraces.
Day 6 – Sunday 10 May 2015 (B, L)
Val-de-Travers – Neuchâtel
Today, we check out of Hôtel Suisse-Majestic and take a leisurely drive to Neuchâtel. Before reaching Neuchâtel, we’ll visit a winery in Cressier, just outside of Neuchâtel for a tour and wine tasting. We will have lunch consisting of neuchâtelois specialties at a local restaurant. We will then go to Val-de-Travers to tour the unique Asphalt Mines and taste absinthe, a local “elixir” made from herbs that grow in the surrounding Jura Mountains and which had been outlawed for many years. After a short drive, we check in at Hôtel Beaulac in Neuchâtel, a waterfront hotel on beautiful Lac Neuchâtel with gorgeous views.
Day 7 – Monday 11 May 2015 (B, D)
Discover Neuchâtel on your own – see the historic Suchard Village; or go to Le Locle, a watch-making centre; or do some shopping. Return to the hotel for our end of tour banquet at the elegant Hôtel du Peyrou, where the chef will prepare a sumptuous dinner tailored for us.
Day 8 – Tuesday 12 May 2015 (B)
End of Tour
Tour ends after breakfast. After check-out, take a short drive to the Neuchâtel train station. The efficient Swiss rail company operates hourly train service to both Geneva and Zurich airports and daily service to many destinations in Europe.
- Private transfer from Geneva airport to Montreux hotel. A supplement will be charged for transfers after 7:00pm.
- Private motor coach transportation during the tour.
- Stay at the Belle Époque Hôtel Suisse-Majestic in Montreux .
- Stay at the contemporary Hôtel Beaulac on Lac Neuchâtel.
- Welcome reception at hotel in Montreux.
- Private guided tour in Montreux.
- Full-day tour to Gruyères: Travel on board the Chocolate Train.
- Admission tickets and tours for: Gruyère cheese making, Cailler Chocolates, Château de Gruyères.
- Tour-end banquet at the elegant Hôtel du Peyrou in Neuchâtel.
- All other meals as outlined in the tour description.
Full-day wine tour of Lavaux region:
- Privately escorted winery tours, cellar visits, wine tastings and commentaries,
- Visit to the Swiss Wine Museum at the Château d’Aigle,
- Visit to the Château de Chillon.
Full-day tour in Neuchâtel region:
- Visit to Cave de Lauriers Cressier, winery tour, cellar visit, wine tastings and commentaries,
- Asphalt Mines tour,
- Absinth tasting.
What’s Not Included:
- Air transportation.
- Travel insurance.
- Meals that not indicated in the Tour Itinerary above.
- Pre- and post-tour extensions.
- Personal expenses.
- $3,599.00 per person, based on two people sharing a double occupancy room.
- Single occupancy is available on a limited basis; the additional cost is $749.00.
A deposit of $500.00 per person at time of booking is required to confirm the reservation. This deposit is fully refundable if cancellation is received before 1 September 2014.
Final payment is due by 1 December 2014.
Method of payment:
Preferred method of payment is Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit cards. Bank drafts are also accepted and must be payable to TierOne Travel and addressed to:
201 – 45 Bastion Square
Victoria, BC V8W 1J1
Indicate that the payment is for
A Taste of Switzerland tour, May 2015
Terms and Conditions:
All prices are listed in Canadian dollars, per person, based on two people sharing a room unless otherwise indicated. Single
supplement is available upon request. Government taxes are included in the price but are subject to change.
It is mandatory to carry a valid passport when traveling to Europe. A valid passport’s expiry date must be at least 6 months beyond the return date to Canada. The name provided for your registration must be your legal name, as it appears on your passport.
Contact and Booking Instructions:
For general information and to book, please contact:
Gerry Delval, TierOne Travel