Trafalgar is offering a new 12 day north Spain trip that showcases the ultra-modern city of Bilbao such as the landmark Guggenheim museum, and rural spots, like Covadonga and the Picos de Europa national park. You will have the opportunity to stay the night in a real Renaissance palace, where Napoleon’s troops once rested before they attacked nearby Vitoria. Relax at a bar in Oviedo— sipping on cool nectar, share the town’s love of the drink.
You will have some amazing inclusions offered to you:
- Be My Guest At a Cider Mill close to Oviedo.
- Local Expert in Santiago de Compostela, Salamanca and Madrid.
- Local Speciality Wine Tasting in a typical bodega.
- Local Speciality Cider tasting at a bar in Oviedo.
- Hidden Treasure Enjoy at least one surprise Hidden Treasure experience, unique to your itinerary, courtesy of your expert Travel Director.
- Authentic Accommodation Parador Hotel, Argomaniz – A Renaissance palace in the hamlet of Argomaniz is often our home here – as it was for Napoleon’s troops before they attacked nearby Vitoria. Authentic Accommodation, you can still feel history in Parador Hotel’s stone walls.
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and an on-board restroom.
- First Class hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities.
- The services of a professional Travel Director throughout your journey.
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included.
- Audio Headsets provided throughout your trip to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
- A travel wallet with your documentation.
- Complimentary keep sake photo
Day 1 – DEPART CANADA
Day 2 – ARRIVE MADRID
Day 3 – MADRID–BURGOS–ARGOMANIZ
Day 4 – ARGOMANIZ–SAN SEBASTIAN–BILBAO–SANTANDER (2 NIGHTS)
Day 5 – SANTANDER AT LEISURE
Day 7 – OVIEDO–LUARCA–SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA (2 NIGHTS)
Day 8 – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA SIGHTSEEING
Day 9 – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA–ZAMORA–SALAMANCA
Day 10 – SALAMANCA–MADRID SIGHTSEEING (2 NIGHTS)
Day 11 – MADRID FREE TIME
Day 12 – MADRID—CANADA
- City tour of Santiago de Compostela, Salamanca and Madrid.
- Orientations of Burgos, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Santander and Oviedo.
- Visit the Cathedral of Burgos, the Holy Cave of Covadonga, the fishing village of Luarca, St. James Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela, the University of Salamanca and the Prado Museum in Madrid.
- Scenic drive through the Picos de Europa.
Speak to a Bon Vivant Specialist by clicking here.