WINE, WOMEN AND WELLNESS
ST ANNE’S SPA, COBOURG, ONTARIO
MAY 31 to June 01, 2018
$$495.00 plus HST $65.00
Grab your favorite girlfriends and join us for a Weekend of Wine, Women and Wellness at St. Anne’s Spa in Coburg where you can let down your hair, slip into a robe and leave your troubles at the door. A visit to Ste. Anne’s is a chance to relax and heal in a warm, friendly and embracing environment and to make it an even better experience we have added a wine component.
1:00 PM: Arrival at St. Anne’s and welcome glass of Prosecco.
3:00 PM: Afternoon tea and more Prosecco.
4:00 PM: Check into your room (lockers will be available in the ladies change room for people arriving early and wanting to get into their bathrobe or take advantage of the facilities and spa services. The weekend will begin with arrival at the spa). The balance of the afternoon is yours to do as you please; book in for a treatment, participate in one of the wellness classes, make use of the bicycles on site, relax in the steam room or lounge by the pool.
6:00 PM: We will meet for a tutored wine tasting with Sommelier Teresa MacDonald. Teresa will also go over the wines on offer for dinner and suggested pairings.
7:30 PM: Group dinner with wine.
Balance of the evening free.
7:00 AM: Early risers are invited to participate in a morning yoga session with Mona Leedale our wellness travel expert and certified yoga instructor.
7:00 AM until 9:00 AM: Participants are invited to enjoy a leisurely, cooked to order breakfast where bubbly will be available for those wishing to have a mimosa….or two.
9:00 AM until 12:30 PM: The rest of the morning is free to take advantage of the facilities.
12:30 PM: Group lunch with wine pairing as per suggestions from Teresa.
Following lunch we sadly have to give up the robes and go our separate ways, completely refreshed, until we meet again for another weekend of wine, women and wellness.
What You Can Expect from St. Anne’s spa:
• Expect a casual and rustic atmosphere.
• Expect genuine and caring country staff.
• Expect a relaxing and laid back country setting.
• Expect a place to kick back in your robe and your spa hair, and simply let go.
• Expect a low pressure and easy going atmosphere – no pressure to tip or buy products.
• Expect delicious, simple, country cuisine – wholesome and healthful, but not fancy and pretentious paired with Opimian wines all tasted and approved by Opimian’s Master of Wines, Jane Masters.
• Expect eclectic country accommodations that are unique and warm.
• Expect an attentive and caring attitude from all that you meet.
• Expect pre-booked meals, classes and spa services so that you don’t have to worry about planning, we take care of all of the details.
• Expect humans taking care of other humans… if we make a mistake, we want to know about it and we will do everything that we can to fix it.
• Expect the fitness centre to be equipped with all the essentials required to stay in shape while you are here.
• Expect an opportunity to slow down and detach from the stress in your life (and your phone) and invest in your wellbeing.
• Expect to see some animals and insects. We are in the country folks!
What Not To Expect:
• Do not expect luxurious facilities or accommodations. The atmosphere here is more like you are being welcomed into a friend’s casual country home.
• Do not expect pretentious or hollow staff.
• Do not expect an overly formal culinary experience – neither food nor service. We offer simple country cuisine delivered by genuine people.
• Do not expect a sterile environment free of discussion, or laughter. Although our setting is beautiful and serene, and we encourage our guests to be respectful, we do not ask our guests to remain in silence.
• Do not expect marble, gold or steel. We are not a sterile city hotel. We are a humble country property that excels at getting people into a relaxed state through the beauty of the property, the simplicity of the offering and the genuineness of our staff.
• Do not expect Ste. Anne’s Spa from 10 years ago. We are a popular destination so you will see plenty of other guests here. We try to offer as many lounge areas and private little nooks (remember we are on 400 acres), so that guests can find a little solitude if they need it.
• Do not expect paid parking or a doorman. We are in the country, so you will find us down a winding gravel country road and parking lot. If you need porter service though, all you need to do is ask at the front desk! Train tickets are available from various points at an additional charge. Call Pauwels Travel for more information.
• Do not expect a dress code. Your uniform for most of the day is your robe. Otherwise, something very casual will do – remember, you are at our simple country home.
• Do not expect to have to carry money with you, we are all-inclusive and there is no tipping needed.
• Do not expect to see cookie cutter accommodations or facilities. Every room and facility is unique in its amenities and appearance. Some are renovated homes, others built specifically for that purpose.
Price per person sharing twin accommodation: $495.00 plus HST $65.00
Use of Ste. Anne’s signature robe
$120 spa & wellness allowance
Complete use of the facilities
*Train tickets and transfers available.
*Travel Insurance is available.
Please call for rates.