The Pseusokeftedes or croquettes are one of the many appetizers diners can enjoy at Kourdisto Gourouni Restaurant in Thessaloniki. Our blogger Peter Minaki of Kalofagas.com shares his recipe and culinary adventures in his spotlight article 36 hours in Thessaloniki.
The Pseusokeftedes (Makes 8 patties)
Recipe provided by: Peter Minaki www.Kalofagas.com
- 4 roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped red peppers
- ½ cup fresh chives
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- ½ tsp chilli peppers
- 6 – 8 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup crumpled Feta cheese
- Sunflower or Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 cup strained Greek Yogurt
- Place chopped peppers, oregano, basil, chives and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix and add flour and Feta Cheese, and Mix well.
- Form 8 small round patties or croquettes and refrigerate for one hour.
- Place oil in large frying pan.
- Take croquettes out of refrigerator, cover each patty with flour on both sides then fry.
- Remove from heat transfer to paper lined plate to blot excess oil.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt.